Friday, February 12, 2010

Are motorized vehicles a raccoon's only natural enemy?

The only ones I see dead who don't appear to have died of natural causes, are the ones splattered on, or at the side of the road.Are motorized vehicles a raccoon's only natural enemy?
One time I had a baby raccoon hanging out on my porch swing. He was really cute; we named him Ricky. My roomie called animal control and they told her that raccoons were nocturnal and he would leave once it got dark. That night I peaked out to check, and Ricky was curled up in the recycle bin snoozing. A couple days later he disappeared. I'm sure his mom came and got him. I'm glad he left before that baby raccoon pelt appeared in our gutter. I'm sure that would have been traumatizing for him.





Oh so I won't be violated for chatting, how about Coonhounds and pioneers? I'm sure they don't use road kill to make their coonskin caps.Are motorized vehicles a raccoon's only natural enemy?
Thank you YAF. if you liked that story, I've got a million of them.

Report Abuse



Shotguns?
they make a good stew
How can a motorized car be a ';natural'; enemy? Natural enemies would be cougars and bears and things like that.
Here in the concrete jungle it is definitely cars.
i hate those rabies infested critters. we have a lot of them here in Ohio. they are HUGE!!! yea...i gotta say gun or cars or even coyotes.
oh i love raccoons!


they actually have ALOT of enemies..


Man!


vehicles


owls ( will prey upon young coons)


so will coyotes


bears, mountain lions,


most dogs will try to kill a coon.. Ive heard of the coons putting up a pretty good fight sometimes.


of course dogs will kill a baby coon.
No..there are also things like coyotes, wolves,etc...
I saw one get attacked by an Alligator (Florida), but he got away.
bears, dogs, lynx, cougar, people.





You don't see them because they get eaten.
  • www.myspaces
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment