Friday, February 12, 2010

Where can I take a Raccoon for its shots?

I was wondering were could I get a baby raccoon tested for rabies and get the raccoon the shots it would need to become a house pet. I am living in North Carolina.Where can I take a Raccoon for its shots?
i want a pet raccoonWhere can I take a Raccoon for its shots?
Phone the vets in your area and ask if they work with wildlife rehabbers or are trained for exotics. Unless the vet has the training, they won't know how to deal with the raccoon and what care to give it.





You can also phone a wildlife rehab person in your area, just do a google search on them.
You need to have a permit to house a wild animal. I am not sure what the laws are in your state, I recommend calling animal control or your vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment