Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I would like to move to Florida with my Pet raccoon?

I already have an almost 4 yr old neutered male pet raccoon( bought from a breeder in Pennsylvania) . He is great with my grand kids and my other animals, etc. If I move to Florida from Minnesota, do I have to get a special permit to have him since he has been with me since he was 2 1/2 weeks old? I have to keep him for his lifetime because it is the law and a commitment I vowed to keep, but I need to find out where I can have him before I would move anywhere. Anyone know?I would like to move to Florida with my Pet raccoon?
i cannot answer your question specifically, and getting on websites of various counties where you may live is tedious because the information contained there is difficult to read. i would consider contacting a shelter or a vet from the place where you are thinking about moving to. if they can't give you specific answers, they might be able to direct you to someone who can. very good of you to research this prior to your move.I would like to move to Florida with my Pet raccoon?
I live in Florida, and yes you have to get a permit to have any exotic animal because of people wanting to get big cats and animals like that. But where to get it I am not sure.
I dont think raccoon requires any special licenses or anything, its more of a rodent then an exotic pet. we had 5 raccoons when I was small, and the vet made house calls, never needed any permits I live in FL btw.
im not sure but i dont think you can have a racoon as a pet in FL ....you might wana google it or something





gud luck=)
OMG! you are SO lucky! I want a pet raccoon!
You have a pet raccoon lucky!!!! Hmm... I had a monkey before but ya.... another story

No comments:

Post a Comment