Sunday, February 7, 2010

A raccoon ate out of a plate of mine. Is it safe for me to continue using the plate?

I left a tray outside overnight. Today I noticed a raccoon had eaten from it. Is it safe for me to reuse the tray? Does the raccoon have any diseases/germs/etc. that may have contaminated the tray? Is it okay if I just wash the tray with water, or should I throw the tray out? Or should I use some type of chemical to clean it? A raccoon ate out of a plate of mine. Is it safe for me to continue using the plate?
Just wash it with hot, soapy water, rinse with hot water, then dry it thoroughly. Germs can't life on a dry, hard surface. A raccoon ate out of a plate of mine. Is it safe for me to continue using the plate?
How much do you love the tray? Can it be easily and relatively inexpensive to replace?.... If the answers is ';allot'; and ';no'; Then wash it in extremely hot water, dish soap and a little bleach if you have it., Then put it in the (if it's dishwasher safe) dishwasher (temperatures get really hot) and let it wash again..... If the answer is ';no'; and yes'; then toss it and get another.....


:) best of luck and hope you don't get rabies
Yes you can reuse the tray if you wash it in the dishwasher and rinse in burning hot water afterwards. Raccoons do have diseases though so wash thurally sorry about the spelling
do not reuse the plate if i was you i would'nt you might pick up a disease bin the plate i would not risk it bin the plate you can buy another ! best to be safe than sorry!
dont risk it just throw it out

No comments:

Post a Comment