Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do you keep raccoon and such out of the trash? I know----lock the lid --but how else?

I recommend investing in some motion sensor spotlights and placing them directly around the trashcans. Raccoons absolutely hate those as well as other garbage eating critters and many people I know swear by them.





Also try placing mothballs and/or ammonia soaked rags in or around trashcans as Raccoons can't stand these smells usually.





Otherwise if all else fails and you want to invest in one I recommend getting a dog preferably one that is fully grown because adult dogs make for better sentinels than puppies.





Check for decent kind yet alert temperament and I strongly suggest one with hound breeding.





Good luck. :)How do you keep raccoon and such out of the trash? I know----lock the lid --but how else?
I have motion lights on 3 sides of my house including above the trash can. My nehbors on both sides have dogs but they are kept in at night.

Report Abuse


How do you keep raccoon and such out of the trash? I know----lock the lid --but how else?
Racoons are very clever. They got into my locked and bunjee-corded trash can without actually taking the lid all the way off. The best thing to do is keep your garbage can in the garage if you have that option.
I heard if you spray your trash cans wiith amonia they won't go near them. I heard it works for skunks too.
  • www.myspaces
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment