Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I have a baby raccoon that is spoiled with eating grapes..he wont eat anything else..how could i change that?

I need a coon expert to answer this question. No ignorant people who think they know everything. Thanks.I have a baby raccoon that is spoiled with eating grapes..he wont eat anything else..how could i change that?
I am feeding two orphans that appeared in my yard. They eat kitten chow and like water served with it on the side. Try mixing the grapes with it...it contains the nutrients the babies need. Don't feed cow's milk...gives them diarrhea. You can give him a mix of carnation evaporated milk, egg yolk, small amount of white Kayro syrup and water.I have a baby raccoon that is spoiled with eating grapes..he wont eat anything else..how could i change that?
I am no expert on raccoons but it is common sense that no animal can live on grapes alone. This is not to insult you, just supplying facts. He likes the sweetness but is not getting the nutrition.


Actually raccoons are not the best of pets because they are natural explorers and aggressive when they get older. It would be impossible to return him to the wild, but giving him to a wildlife sanctuary would be the kindest and most humane act you could do. Good luck.
Actually, I'm surprised that you have a raccoon. I didn't think they were allowed as pets anymore. I had one when I was a child. Lots of fun! However, they can become very mean/aggressive and probably better off in the wild. If I remember correctly, I used to give mine vegetables, all kinds and since they love to wash their food before eating it was fun to give him grapes, and such to eat. Wasn't so cute when I had him on a leash and he got scared and climbed my friends leg and crapped! We still laugh about that today! Good fun! However, we ended up letting our Rascal go, but sure love the memories of him!
i think you can try feeding him a high quality cat food, well at the very least i know that they do eat cat food because this freakishy large raccoon started coming to our house and eating the cats food and i live in the middle of a fairly big city near LA so a raccoon on my back porch was soooo unexpected lol, i think there cute as babies but me and my neice were honestly scared of if, it could of had something to do with the fact that its eye was missing or badly hurt and thats the eye he always had pointed at me i was going to call animal control but i was worried that they would kill him or something plus he only came around at night and he never bothered anyone, anyways just google racoon care im sure you'll come up with something helpful.
We have reared two raccoons in the past. We learned that they will eat cat food (dry) and it has everything it will need but some fresh veggies is a requirement too. A word of advice if I could. I don't know the laws in your state, (some states don't allow you to have raccoons for pets), but if you do, please have the little guy fixed before it gets old enough to reproduce. If you don't, they get very wild and can get mean. We were told this by our Vet, and they stayed calm all their life. Others we knew didn't and had a major problem on their hands, and wound caging it without enjoying it, or putting it down. Check with your Vet, but please keep that in mind. They can be a wonderful pet, but need to be fixed very young to keep them from turning wild.
okay i had sesame problem to what i did is always not to let his iv en taste is he Will be hungry and eat any food want try i remember dint show him your grape any thing but not grape if nothing ha pen go to the vet my be he was Barn to eat grape that it pals... any one let me be your best answer
try mixing the grapes in with something else and the gradually put less and less grapes in it.
Hmm Try iot a Carrot!


I wish i had a raccoon!
Give it a raw egg! Really !!!


Ours Loves them

No comments:

Post a Comment