Friday, February 12, 2010

I think ther's a raccoon in my trash. How do I find out if it's actually a raccoon?

If it is, How do I get rid of it?I think ther's a raccoon in my trash. How do I find out if it's actually a raccoon?
You know those alarms that hang off of door knobs, and screech nastily if joggled? Get one of those and hang it off your garbage cans. It should scare them away.





Whatever other preventive measurements you decide to take, don't forget that raccoons have opposable thumbs, so they are more than capable of grasping and manipulating latches and any other non-locking devices.





As to how you find out if it is actual raccoons...if it is really necessary for you, then just put baby powder or baby corn starch down around the ground surrounding your bins. The footprints left behind will be a dead giveaway.





This site gives you some ideas on raccoon control...


http://www.icwdm.org/wildlife/raccoon.as鈥?/a>I think ther's a raccoon in my trash. How do I find out if it's actually a raccoon?
Besides staying out there watching...


Video-tape


If it is ...


Set a Trap or call animal control
Well, aside from the obvious solution of looking inside the trashcan and visually verifying the presence or absence of a raccoon, you need to consider that raccoons are nocturnal, and could be using the trash as a home during the day. If the raccoon leaves the trash at night, I suggest you relocate the trashcan. If you have any reason to suspect that the animal may have rabies, or you simply do not want to deal with it yourself, call your local animal control center.
You don't want to find out, they are vicious. Just ALWAYS keep your trash securely closed and the racoon won't bug you any more. If you have a container that does not close tightly, trash the old one and buy a more secure one.
Iv never even seen a raccoon before. :( i want to though.
Double barrel shotgun will do the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment