Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What is the best raccoon bait?

I have a family of raccoons that keep killing my chickens. I need to trap them and kill them. What is the best raccoon bait to use? would chicken liver be good? Any other suggestions?


I don't want to hear how evil I am for ';killing innocent animals'; they have killed four of my chickens so far. if you don't have any constructive advice pertinent to the question, don't bother.What is the best raccoon bait?
Canned sardines seem to work pretty good in a box type trap. If you can find where they are walking and no other animals are using the same path, just put a leg hold trap in their access if leg hold traps are legal.What is the best raccoon bait?
canned sardines or tuna work the best for me.





you can also buy a liquid bait at like bass pro shops, cabelas, etc. that is made just for that. it works very well for me too
small children NO lol actually you can just use about anything raccons are kinds like scavengers so u can use anything from canned chicked to cat food





make sure that they can smell it from far away
Lol ';raccoon bait';. You must be from Florida.
I trap racoons with a live trap and cat food. They love the canned cat food in any flavor.
sardines work great, I have also had great luck with canned tuna.
I've trapped hundreds of them, in box traps, using canned sardines for bait
marsh-mellows or marshmelow cream works great. I don't know why but they seem to love it.
rat poison

No comments:

Post a Comment