Friday, February 12, 2010

What would you do if you found a raccoon in your house?

This happened to someone I know-- they actually growled at him and came after him!What would you do if you found a raccoon in your house?
Assuming it is already gone, I'd figure out how it got in and fix it so it won't return. (Check the attic or basement, %26amp; floorboards under sinks, bathrooms, etc.) Otherwise I'd call animal control to trap it, have it observed for rabies (if negative, suggest they release it in some wildlife habitat or zoo). If the raccoon showed signs of being rabid, I'd make sure any mammal pets I own have their rabies vaccine.





HWhat would you do if you found a raccoon in your house?
If it was my house, I'd thaw him out and make a nice racoon and gravey sandwich.
Call the ASPCA.
Be careful! You would need to live trap it or get someone that deals with nuisance animals to trap it for you. A coon can put a hurting on you Ajax won't take off.
I'd scream bloody murder and run out the house screaming!
Simple... I'll fry it. it's delicious you know
Raccoon Burger BBQ
SHOOT IT HEAD OF!
They can carry rabies and are quite fearless. I would call animal control. They get paid for that business.
Call animal control right away if you don't own a trap. Lowe's and Home Depot sell cage traps. If you own one, put some rotten meat in it, trap the coon and take it to the country and release it. Or, kill it if necessary.
They need the check the house for offspring as well Likely a momma with a nest.





Two Choices





Havaheart traps or shoot them.





A large coon often will take a larger caliber of weapon to drop.


If you catch the coon in a haveaheart trap the best method is to drown them or take them the SPCA and have it checked for rabies.
i'd freak out and run.





unless it didnt seem like it was in attack mode, then id just call someone to come move it outside
Burn the house down !!!
I had two in my house, eating all my cat kibble. I just shooed them out and they went
It could not happen when I have 3 Redbone Hound dogs outside. He would of been their dinner.
If it was a baby, I would catch it and raise it.





If it was an adult, I would try to contain it in a room and call animal control.
Get a moutain lion for your house; it'll eat the racoon.
scream and run
Call animal control. Otherwise, a .22 will solve your problem quickly.
chase it and try to get it out
Call the police.

No comments:

Post a Comment